It was recently discovered Prognosticator 2012 was not calculating Federal Income Tax correctly for parties with itemized deductions. This issue has been resolved and a fix is now available for download. This issue did not affect calculations in which standard deductions were used.
This patch also fixes a problem where the Child Support Plaintiff list was disabled preventing some users from generating the Uniform Child Support Order.
Obtaining the Fix
If you are unable to successfully complete the download, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including the name and phone number of a person in your office and someone from Springfield Publications will contact you.
Installing the Fix
- If Prognosticator 2012 is currently running, exit the program.
- Click the button above to download the patch file (Prog184.108.40.206.zip).
- In the dialog box that appears, select the “Save As” option and select a convenient location such as your Desktop to store the patch file.
- When the download is complete locate the existing Prognosticator.exe file on your hard drive. When you originally installed the 2012 Prognosticator, by default the Prognosticator 2012 setup program would have put the program in C:\Program Files\Springfield Publications\Prog2012 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Springfield Publications\Prog2012\ on 64-bit computers). If this location was changed when you installed the 2012 Prognosticator, you will have to locate the folder in which it was installed..
- After locating Prognosticator.exe right click on the patch file and select the “Extract All” option.
- Click “Next” to proceed past the Extraction Wizard welcome screen.
- Browse to or Enter the location of the folder where the 2012 Prognosticator program was installed (from step 4) in the text box found on the second screen of the Extraction Wizard. This folder must be the one containing the Prognosticator.exe file.
- Click the “Next” or “Extract” button to install the patch.
- When prompted to replace the existing file select the “Yes To All” option. If you are not prompted to replace the existing files you have selected the wrong location.
- The Extraction Wizard will then ask if you would like to view the extracted files. Uncheck the box and click the “Finish” button to exit the wizard.
- Run Prognosticator 2012. To confirm that the patch has been correctly applied, click the Help Menu at the top of the screen and select the About Prognosticator 2012 option. The version number should read 220.127.116.11. If it does not, you have not installed the patch in the correct location.
- Upon running Prognosticator 2012 after installing the patch a security feature of Windows may cause a dialog box regarding the verification of the publisher to be displayed. If this dialog box appears uncheck the box stating “Always ask…” if the message continues to appear an option to unblock the application can be found in the properties window. To unblock the application, open the location you found in step 4 above, right click on Prognosticator.exe, select properties, and click the “Unblock” button.