Due to Mr. Fancher’s untimely death, sales and technical support for the Child Support and Alimony Prognosticator has been suspended. Once his developer has organized Mr. Fancher’s processes, both programs will again be made available.
Thank you for your interest in the software and your patience during this difficult transition.
Springfield Publications produces and distributes the Child Support and Alimony Prognosticator. This is the 29th year the program has been available, and we try to make it more user friendly and concise each year.
The Prognosticator application is used in about 1000 governmental and private law and accounting offices throughout the state of Michigan. It is also used by some litigants to gain a better understanding about what is considered in making child and spousal support recommendations.
- is individually prepared and customized to identify your firm or office.
- allows entry of income and expenses into many categories.
- automatically calculates federal taxes based on the information found in the 2015 U.S. Master Tax Guide
- automatically calculates Michigan income tax using the 2015 rates.
- allows quick reference access to the Michigan Child Support Formula Manual and Supplement.
- allows quick access to State Court Administrative Office approved forms.
- allows quick preparation of a Michigan Uniform Child Support Order.
- comes with a non-exclusive five-user license (additional licenses may be added for a nominal fee).
- is available for Windows Vista and later.
- is available on CD.
The 2016 Prognosticator is now available! Tax rates have been adjusted for 2016. The weighted claimant income factor in the alimony portion has been adjusted for the cost of living adjustment. The Uniform Child Support Order required for use is incorporated into the child support portion. If your firm is on the automatic update list, the 2016 Prognosticator should be sent to you without further action on your part. If you have not received it by January 8, 2016, please contact Springfield Publications.